Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home
About the Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home, Inc.
The Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home is managed by Native American Health Management (NAHM). A three-person Board was appointed to provide oversight of the operation of the facility.
Oglala Sioux Lakota Nursing Home is a State of the Art, 60-bed long-term care unit with a 12-bed memory care unit.
OSLNH Mission Statement
To provide a continuum of excellent care and service to the ageing in a spirit of love, respect, and compassion, while honoring the culture of the Sioux Nation.
A Primary Objective
A primary objective of the staff is to help each resident to attain and maintain the optimum of his or her physical and mental capacity, to be as self-sufficient as possible and to continue to develop new interests that will give life content and purpose. Working with ageing in a nursing care facility is both challenging and strenuous. It is also very satisfying. We strive to prove those we serve with the nest possible care through the best utilization of available quality care.
What we Offer
- Competitive Starting Wage
- Day and Night Differentials
- Excellent Benefits
- 401(K), Employer; Matches 4%
- Health Insurance, Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance, Ameritas
- Vision Insurance, VSP
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Program
Delegation of Authority
As a activity Assistant, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Responsible for planning and implementing activities to meet resident’s specific needs, including large group, small group, and individual participation.
- Personal contact with a varying resident population and a varied work schedule that may include some weekends, evenings, and holidays. Tasks also include progress documentation, other record keeping, attention to the environment, use of supplies, equipment, and maintenance of storage areas.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Ensure that all activity personnel are knowledgeable of the resident’s rights, and responsibilities.
- Knock before entering a resident’s room.
- Minimum educational requirements include a high school diploma or its equivalent. 2 forms of Identification. (1 Must be photo) and if claiming Indian preference, proof of enrollment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com